Our client’s goal was to develop a customised processor card. It required matched impedance’s technologies and small component packaging to meet form factor requirements.
- Identify required PCB design technology and manufacturing requirements for 1mm pitch 896 pin BGA.
- To ensure correct positioning of connectors and mechanical features to ensure first time fit.
- Identify all high speed design rules, impedance, skew groups, differential pairs
- Research application and design guidelines for BGA part including recommended breakout.
- Utilising high speed design software to implement and verify design met all high speed rules.
- Derive PCB manufacturing rules based on production quantities with PCB manufacturer.
- 3D modelling and analysis to ensure right first time fit into design enclosure.
- IPC7351A compliant footprints for high density packaging and allow global manufacturing capability.
- PCB Design developed to meet production manufacturing requirements.
- PCB Design that met required form factor and first time fit.
- PCB Design that met high speed requirements, differential impedance and skew.
What our customer said
“This was the first time we have developed a processor pcb with high speed constraints.. Quantum guided us through the process from capturing design rules and working with our PCB supplier to create the optimum layerstack. The design worked first time with a high manufacturing yield.”
— Director Device Engineering