Our client’s goal was to develop a Power Contol Module (PCM) for the Autosport industry that would replace relays and circuit breakers while providing diagnostic capabilities.
- Physical size and weight restrictions.
- Ambient conditions due to extreme temperatures.
- Very high currents.
- Product lifetime requirements.
- Component selection – Apart from functionality, we had to research weight, lifetime, temperature limits and current capabilities.
- Materials that were both light enough and thermally conductive to cool the unit adequately had to be carefully researched.
- Durability of assembled product needed to be assessed for vibration, collisions etc.
- Design and analysis of PCB to handle continuous high currents and dissipation of heat.
- Process and monitor 16 analogue and 14 digital inputs.
- A clear and precise specification was created to cover all aspect of the design requirement.
- A product that exceeded all requirements for ambient conditions.
- A cost effective solution that met all design requirements.
- Simplification of car wiring and a reduction in weight.
- The start of an exciting new range of products for our client.