Quantum CAD is a well-established, professional, innovative and flexible PCB design company.
Offering a comprehensive range of quality design and support services for the electronics industry, we can assist you all the way from the generation of the initial PCB design specification though to PCB manufacture and assembly.
We have expertise in working with clients in several market sectors including aerospace, automotive, communication, defence, medical, security and the rail industries.
By outsourcing to Quantum CAD, you can expect an unrivalled service of efficiency, quality and dedication to the task, knowing that your PCB design is in expert hands.
Quantum CAD has extensive experience in all aspects of PCB Design and our experience is backed by project management and design decision support capabilities, reducing project risk and managing the design process efficiently and accurately.
To cement our position as the most respected PCB design brand in the UK. We aim to be the centre of excellence for PCB design to the electronics industry.
To form long-term successful business relationships by providing the highest quality, most cost-effective PCB design solutions that meet or exceed our customers’ expectations.
To invest in our staff through continuous development and training to keep them and the organisation at the forefront of design technologies and trends.
To be more than just another PCB design bureau by offering a range of complimentary services to satisfy more of the requirements of our present and future clients.
- Our experienced design team are keen to assist in taking your ideas from initial concept through the complete design phase, on time and within budget.
- The experience and processes we have in place ensures that no fine detail is missed and that you receive the quality PCB design that your company deserves.
- We have the experience necessary and processes in place to manage your CAD libraries for you, with only a final approval needed from yourselves prior to use of any new parts.
- We have the experience required to reverse engineer or redesign your product enabling you to extend its lifecycle, incorporating any design enhancement or increased functionality that you may require.
Our commitment to quality has never been stronger and our aim to add value to your design process is what drives us.
We do not wish to be just another design service provider and with investment in training, processes and tools being continually reviewed, we don’t leave a stone unturned in our quest for perfection.
This is what makes us believe that we are the ideal design resource for your company.
Quantum CAD Customer Satisfaction Survey
An independent survey conducted by a UK University investigated trends in the PCB design industry and measured customer satisfaction within the market. The results show that Quantum CAD is rated higher than its competitors (rating 4.5 compared to 4).
The survey was based on the following criteria:
- achieving deadlines
- responsiveness to problems
- reputation (within the market)
- skills & knowledge
- quality of communication
- consistency of service
- understanding client’s business
- competitiveness of pricing
- customer relationship
- one-stop-shop service
We look forward to helping you get your products to market!
What Our Customers Say
- Alcatel Submarine Networks have used Quantum CAD PCB Design Services for many years and have always found them to be more than capable of providing an excellent quality service.CAD Group Leader, Alcatel Submarine Networks
- The Quantum CAD team provided SMARTA with valuable technological input in developing requirement and design specifications in partnership with ourselves. Their in-depth knowledge of the various technologies involved helped us to better understand how they could be used, leading to a more feature rich and advanced product. They have consistently delivered work to the highest quality standard. They have always demonstrated a professional and knowledgeable approach and have kept us updated on progress throughout the projects. I would have no hesitation in recommending their services to others.Managing Director, SMARTA Systems
- It has always been necessary for Panasonic to have support of the highest quality and we recognise Quantum CAD as a reliable, diligent and professional company that have always been prepared to extend themselves around tight timescales.Principal PCB Designer C.I.D, Panasonic Mobile Communications
- We have been working with Quantum CAD from the outset of the development of our product. They researched the manufacturing requirements for PoP technology and engaged with PCB and CEMs from the outset. From the first prototype build, we had a product that was ready for production. I would not hesitate in recommending Quantum CAD PCB Design services to anyone.Director Device Engineering
- Ultra Magicard have been using Quantum CAD for many years and we have been impressed with the high level of service provided. They have great knowledge in PCB design and various technologies which have helped us design our products to the highest standard. Quantum CAD always strives for continuous improvement. We invested and joined their web enabled product design platform, CXInsight. This has allowed us to work collaboratively, sharing design information, changes and project status, seamlessly over the web, ensuring access to the correct file revisions and visibility of the project at all times. This has improved the quality of design that we have developed together.Engineering Manager, Ultra Magicard
- Quantum CAD designed the PCBs for our diabetes insulin patch pump and its wireless touchscreen user interface. This was the first time we’ve outsourced PCB design and Quantum CAD worked closely with us and our contract equipment manufacturer (CEM) to enable us to bring quickly to market the world’s smallest diabetes pump. Both PCBs are high density, in that they have high component counts on small form factor boards. Of particular note, the designs include 0.4mm pitch ball grid array (BGA) packaged devices and package-on-package (POP) technology. Quantum CAD’s engineers took these technologies in their stride, whilst maintaining great superb awareness. The result: the highest-yield, lowest-cost PCBs. Quantum CAD also took full responsibility of PCB (component) library development and ensured the correct revisions of files were available between all parties; using the web-based CXInsight PLM platform. Accordingly, design reviews were managed – and technical queries resolved – promptly and efficiently. We found Quantum CAD to be extremely enthusiastic, capable and knowledgeable, and they were perfect partner on such an important project.Project Leader, Cellnovo
- Quantum CAD have produced the majority of our Library parts over the past few years, generating high quality models to our specification. They have been instrumental in developing a process to manage the information exchange between both parties to make this service possible and we have been very pleased with the results, both in quality and delivery.Principle Engineer, E2V
- We have found the service Quantum CAD provides to be of a high level and we are particularly pleased with their engineers’ flexibility and availability …Quantum CAD has shown good commitment in helping us reach our scheduled targets by making enough manpower available to complete the task in the required time.Project Leader, Panasonic Communications Co. (UK) Ltd
- Communicating with Quantum CAD was straightforward; the changes were implemented quickly with no hassles. The finished board was better than we expected… Once we gave the approval to start the PCB layout, the job was completed to our satisfaction and within our time frame.Senior Development Engineer, CEM Systems
- We have used Quantum CAD for many years now and they have consistently provided us with an excellent PCB design service. They have always demonstrated a high level of skill, experience and flexibility, while constantly meeting the tight schedules we often require.Principle Engineer, E2V
- Quantum CAD completed the project in a professional manner and interacted with both pcbportal and our clients effectively. Despite incomplete information, Quantum CAD delivered upgraded Gerber files to project completion date. Our customer was happy and we have pencilled in future projects for Quantum CAD to work on.Quality Manager, pcbportal.com
- We have been working with Quantum CAD from the outset of the development of our product. They researched the manufacturing requirements for PoP technology and engaged with PCB and CEMs from the outset. From the first prototype build, we had a product that was ready for production. I would not hesitate in recommending Quantum CAD PCB Design services to anyone.
Meet The Managers
We may not all look like film stars, but we are reliable……and our mothers love us!
Steve has over 27 years’ experience in the electronics industry, working for several of the UK’s best known Blue Chip companies.
As the founder of Quantum, Steve now oversees the companies Port Talbot and Plymouth offices, ensuring that the company strategy and performance is optimised.
Janine has over 25 years’ experience in the PCB design industry for companies in the defence and communications sectors.
After several contract positions for some of the leading electronics OEM companies in the UK, Janine now heads up our design office in Plymouth.
Martin has over 28 years’ experience in the PCB / Electronics industry. Progressing through the ranks at some of Europe’s leading mobile communications companies, he is now a director and shareholder at Quantum. Responsible for overseeing and project managing the design office, Marc still enjoys his role as a designer.
Carl has over 27 years’ experience in the PCB Design industry, working as a PCB design engineer, applications consultant and progressing to a sales account manager.
Carl now oversees the operations at Quantum, looking at new technologies, software packages and account management.