- 3D requirements
- Creepage & clearance
- High speed / skew
- Power integrity
- Resource / expertise
- Signal integrity
- 3D model/height
- Design rule driven
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Increased manufacturing yields
- Increased profit
- Reduced design iterations
- Reduced design time
- Reduced product failures
- Shorter time to market
Quantum are one of the UK’s leading PCB design providers, whose designers have several decades of printed circuit board design experience between them.
We are committed to offering a service that exceeds all your expectations by focusing on problem solving rather than “just” laying out your PCB.
|High layer count||Single sided to 16+ Layers|
|Advanced Technologies||Flip-chip, Package on Package (PoP), embedded components|
|Advanced component technologies||PCI, PCIe, PCI104, DDR 2,3 and 4|
|High Density Interconnect (HDI)||Track widths and gaps down to .075mm, utilising microvias (standard and buried).|
|Flexible Circuits||From single sided to multilayer high speed flexi / flexi-rigid|
|High Speed / Sensitive tracking||Length control, length matching, Impedance control (Differential and Single ended), skew etc.|
|Signal Integrity Analysis||Pre & post layout analysis of sensitive signals to ensure optimum electrical performance.|
|RF/Microwave Design||GSM, GPS, Zigbee, Bluetooth, WiMax, GPRS, UMTS, Edge and LTE|
|Thermal||Combatting thermal issues by using good layout techniques and thermal analysis if required|
|Power Integrity Analysis||Evaluation of power planes to ensure optimum power stability & delivery|
|Creepage & Clearance||Ensuring designs conform with IPC-2221 & UL60950-1 safety standard if required.|
|EMC||Using good design principles to optimise the design for EMC|
The global business environment puts more and more pressure on our customers to stay competitive – bringing their ever more complex products to market faster whilst improving design productivity is essential to success.
Rapid advances in technology and product development lead to shorter and more demanding product development cycles.
Quantum offers a Rapid PCB Design service to alleviate some of that pressure and to help our clients stay ahead of the competition.
We can guarantee short turn-around times for any size of board, complex or simple, single sided or multi-layer, by utilising the latest PCB design technology on the market and working a shift system to ensure 24/7 design when required.
Quantum can provide design resource whether it is working from our own offices in Port Talbot and Plymouth or if necessary, working at our clients’ sites. Quite often a combination of the two is a good solution.
We find that our eReview environment provides tangible benefits to all our customers, helping to resolve any design queries, conducting on-line design reviews, and allowing customer input for critical circuits in real time.
This all saves time, which in turn reduces costs and even helps with environmental issues as there is no real need for travel.
Our expertise in the PCB design market today enables us to advise our clients on the best products for their particular situation.
As well as offering advice, we can install the software, set up the component libraries and provide full training both in general PCB design and in the specific design solutions our clients purchase.
Our consultancy services range from answering questions about manufacturability and cost-effectiveness to assisting clients with new industry requirements and legislation.
Our consultancy services include:
- CAD Software selection based on your requirements
- CAD system setup
- Library setup
- General procedures
Our training services include:
- Altium Design
- Training tailored to suit your needs.
We can arrange and manage the manufacturing process on your behalf, to provide a full turnkey solution if required. This would free you to concentrate on your core business activities and reduce your supplier count.
What Our Customers Say
- The Quantum CAD team provided SMARTA with valuable technological input in developing requirement and design specifications in partnership with ourselves. Their in-depth knowledge of the various technologies involved helped us to better understand how they could be used, leading to a more feature rich and advanced product. They have consistently delivered work to the highest quality standard. They have always demonstrated a professional and knowledgeable approach and have kept us updated on progress throughout the projects. I would have no hesitation in recommending their services to others.Managing Director, SMARTA Systems
- We have used Quantum CAD for many years now and they have consistently provided us with an excellent PCB design service. They have always demonstrated a high level of skill, experience and flexibility, while constantly meeting the tight schedules we often require.Principle Engineer, E2V
- It has always been necessary for Panasonic to have support of the highest quality and we recognise Quantum CAD as a reliable, diligent and professional company that have always been prepared to extend themselves around tight timescales.Principal PCB Designer C.I.D, Panasonic Mobile Communications
- Quanta CAD have produced the majority of our Library parts over the past few years, generating high quality models to our specification. They have been instrumental in developing a process to manage the information exchange between both parties to make this service possible and we have been very pleased with the results, both in quality and delivery.Principle Engineer, E2V
- Communicating with Quantum CAD was straightforward; the changes were implemented quickly with no hassles. The finished board was better than we expected… Once we gave the approval to start the PCB layout, the job was completed to our satisfaction and within our time frame.Senior Development Engineer, CEM Systems
- Quantum CAD completed the project in a professional manner and interacted with both pcbportal and our clients effectively. Despite incomplete information, Quantum CAD delivered upgraded Gerber files to project completion date. Our customer was happy and we have pencilled in future projects for Quantum CAD to work on.Quality Manager, pcbportal.com
PCB Design – Power Control
Project: Our client’s goal was to develop a customised processor card. It required matched impedances technologies and small component packaging to meet form factor requirements.
PCB Design – Blood Glucose Manager
Project: Our client’s goal was to reduce the burden of managing diabetes on a day to day basis. The product features a pump, wirelessly connected to an app based touch screen handset.
PCB Design – High Speed Flexi
Project: Our client’s goal was to develop a flexi rigid that would cater for high speed and power signals while meeting all resistance, crosstalk and mechanical requirements.