Flexible PCB Design
If you’re looking for flexible PCB design services delivered by PCB experts, providing cost effective solutions, you’re in the right place.
The trend for electronic miniaturisation is at an all-time high. Driven by more and more industry sectors, integrated circuit board solutions are becoming more in demand as a means of exploiting the 3D space within your enclosure.
We’ve been designing flexible printed circuit boards for military, medical and automotive equipment for some of the leading companies in the UK and beyond for a number of years.
We have many examples which we can share as part of the consultation period. And with our eReview online system, you can have better communication, transparency and input at every stage of your project.
When Flexible PCB Design Services are Required
A flexible PCB design can be used to reduce space by utlising the full volume of the product, reduce mechanical interconnect and increase product reliability. Flexible circuits are special components and knowledge of the mechanical restrictions are required.
The Layout, mechanical engineer and the fabricator need to work in unison to deliver a successful design. The design phase determines the product cost, so all electrical and mechanical interfaces must be taken into consideration during the design phases.
Our skill is in creating bespoke and professional solutions and the relationships we have developed with flexi manufacturers. We can work closely with you, and your supply chain to create flexible PCB designs that work seamlessly within your product.
Our PCB Design Expertise
We have collectively gained over 100 years of PCB design experience, having worked across a number of sectors including military, medical, autosport, rail and telecoms. The designs we have worked on have reached global audiences and changed the world. Between the Quantum team, we have a mix of skills that make us the ideal choice for your PCB design project.
Problems we solve
- 3D requirements
- Creepage & clearance
- High speed / skew
- Power integrity
- Resource / expertise
- Signal integrity
Solutions we create
- 3D model/height
- Design rule driven
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
Results we achieve
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Increased manufacturing yields
- Increased profit
- Reduced design iterations
- Reduced design time
- Reduced product failures
- Shorter time to market
Why choose us?
- Over 100 years of PCB Design experience.
- Trusted by high profile clients including McLaren, Red Bull, E2V and Bosch.
- Extensive software and expertise delivering thousands of PCB design projects.
- Impeccable processes ensure that your design is shipped on time and on budget.
- Bespoke customer service – speak directly to an engineer from the moment you contact us.
- Real-time collaboration available across multiple locations.
What Our Customers Say
- We have been working with Quantum CAD from the outset of the development of our product. They researched the manufacturing requirements for PoP technology and engaged with PCB and CEMs from the outset. From the first prototype build, we had a product that was ready for production. I would not hesitate in recommending Quantum CAD PCB Design services to anyone.
- Quantum CAD have produced the majority of our Library parts over the past few years, generating high quality models to our specification. They have been instrumental in developing a process to manage the information exchange between both parties to make this service possible and we have been very pleased with the results, both in quality and delivery.Principle Engineer, E2V
- We have been working with Quantum CAD from the outset of the development of our product. They researched the manufacturing requirements for PoP technology and engaged with PCB and CEMs from the outset. From the first prototype build, we had a product that was ready for production. I would not hesitate in recommending Quantum CAD PCB Design services to anyone.Director Device Engineering
- It has always been necessary for Panasonic to have support of the highest quality and we recognise Quantum CAD as a reliable, diligent and professional company that have always been prepared to extend themselves around tight timescales.Principal PCB Designer C.I.D, Panasonic Mobile Communications
- Quantum CAD have a great knowledgebase for PCBs and design work in general, several times they have made technical suggestions which we incorporated into our designs. We have always found Quantum CAD to be very accommodating where quick turnaround was needed. In terms of quality and service I truly believe that Quantum CAD will not be beaten and that is why they are our number one supplier for outside company design work.Business Development, Zarlink Semiconductor
- We have found the service Quantum CAD provides to be of a high level and we are particularly pleased with their engineers’ flexibility and availability …Quantum CAD has shown good commitment in helping us reach our scheduled targets by making enough manpower available to complete the task in the required time.Project Leader, Panasonic Communications Co. (UK) Ltd
PCB Design – Power Control
Project: Our client’s goal was to develop a customised processor card. It required matched impedances technologies and small component packaging to meet form factor requirements.
PCB Design – Blood Glucose Manager
Project: Our client’s goal was to reduce the burden of managing diabetes on a day to day basis. The product features a pump, wirelessly connected to an app based touch screen handset.
PCB Design – High Speed Flexi
Project: Our client’s goal was to develop a flexi rigid that would cater for high speed and power signals while meeting all resistance, crosstalk and mechanical requirements.