IoT PCB Design
Designing products with IoT technology is all around us and is happening now. We are being bombarded with new products, cars becoming even more connected, smart watches to name a few, but even older products, central heating thermostats for example, are being given a new lease of life with this exciting technology. Where will it end?
If you have an idea and are new to IoT (might be worth reading the Six IoT design mistakes you need to avoid) then you may not be aware of the PCB technologies needed to implement such sophistication. Small physical interfaces, flexi rigid PCBs and if the design is really small, blind and buried vias and even embedded components. All have their unique challenges to overcome. With some products’ lifecycle being very short you cannot afford to have manufacturing issues. To ensure IoT devices don’t fail on the production line or in the field, a PCB design environment offering advanced capabilities including simulation, solid links with the mechanical domain, design for manufacture analysis and much more are required. If you need to consider EMC/Signal Integrity due to high-speed interfaces, dense packaging and mechanical integration, then we can help.
Example, the Activinsights Band, designed as a convenient lifestyle analysis tool. It has wireless communications and runs for up to 1 year with no charging. This design was implemeted with blind and buried vias, minitature components and dense packaging requiring iterative mechanical 3D verification. Quantum CAD has the expertise and design solutions to help you realise you IoT product.
Problems we solve
- 3D requirements
- Creepage & clearance
- High speed / skew
- Power integrity
- Resource / expertise
- Signal integrity
Solutions we create
- 3D model/height
- Design rule driven
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
Results we achieve
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Increased manufacturing yields
- Increased profit
- Reduced design iterations
- Reduced design time
- Reduced product failures
- Shorter time to market
Why choose us?
- Over 100 years of PCB Design experience.
- Trusted by high profile clients including McLaren, Red Bull, E2V and Bosch.
- Extensive software and expertise delivering thousands of PCB design projects.
- Impeccable processes ensure that your design is shipped on time and on budget.
- Bespoke customer service – speak directly to an engineer from the moment you contact us.
- Real-time collaboration available across multiple locations.
What Our Customers Say
- We have been using Quantum CAD’s services as an extension of our own CR-5000 PCB Design facility and have found them to have a very professional approach to all aspects of PCB design and are keen to form a sound working/business relationship to enable both parties to benefit. This helps to reduce the liaison time when undertaking design tasks. They are always our first port of call whenever we have a design overload within our PCB Design department.Senior PCB Designer, Renishaw PLC
- We have been working with Quantum CAD from the outset of the development of our product. They researched the manufacturing requirements for PoP technology and engaged with PCB and CEMs from the outset. From the first prototype build, we had a product that was ready for production. I would not hesitate in recommending Quantum CAD PCB Design services to anyone.
- We have found the service Quantum CAD provides to be of a high level and we are particularly pleased with their engineers’ flexibility and availability …Quantum CAD has shown good commitment in helping us reach our scheduled targets by making enough manpower available to complete the task in the required time.Project Leader, Panasonic Communications Co. (UK) Ltd
- It has always been necessary for Panasonic to have support of the highest quality and we recognise Quantum CAD as a reliable, diligent and professional company that have always been prepared to extend themselves around tight timescales.Principal PCB Designer C.I.D, Panasonic Mobile Communications
- Alcatel Submarine Networks have used Quantum CAD PCB Design Services for many years and have always found them to be more than capable of providing an excellent quality service.CAD Group Leader, Alcatel Submarine Networks
- We have been working with Quantum CAD from the outset of the development of our product. They researched the manufacturing requirements for PoP technology and engaged with PCB and CEMs from the outset. From the first prototype build, we had a product that was ready for production. I would not hesitate in recommending Quantum CAD PCB Design services to anyone.Director Device Engineering
PCB Design – Power Control
Project: Our client’s goal was to develop a customised processor card. It required matched impedances technologies and small component packaging to meet form factor requirements. Find out more
PCB Design – Blood Glucose Manager
Project: Our client’s goal was to reduce the burden of managing diabetes on a day to day basis. The product features a pump, wirelessly connected to an app based touch screen handset. Find out more
PCB Design – High Speed Flexi
Project: Our client’s goal was to develop a flexi rigid that would cater for high speed and power signals while meeting all resistance, crosstalk and mechanical requirements. Find out more