IoT PCB Design
Designing products with IoT technology is all around us and is happening now. We are being bombarded with new products, cars becoming even more connected, smart watches to name a few, but even older products, central heating thermostats for example, are being given a new lease of life with this exciting technology. Where will it end?
If you have an idea and are new to IoT (might be worth reading the Six IoT design mistakes you need to avoid) then you may not be aware of the PCB technologies needed to implement such sophistication. Small physical interfaces, flexi rigid PCBs and if the design is really small, blind and buried vias and even embedded components. All have their unique challenges to overcome. With some products’ lifecycle being very short you cannot afford to have manufacturing issues. To ensure IoT devices don’t fail on the production line or in the field, a PCB design environment offering advanced capabilities including simulation, solid links with the mechanical domain, design for manufacture analysis and much more are required. If you need to consider EMC/Signal Integrity due to high-speed interfaces, dense packaging and mechanical integration, then we can help.
Example, the Activinsights Band, designed as a convenient lifestyle analysis tool. It has wireless communications and runs for up to 1 year with no charging. This design was implemeted with blind and buried vias, minitature components and dense packaging requiring iterative mechanical 3D verification. Quantum CAD has the expertise and design solutions to help you realise you IoT product.
Problems we solve
- 3D requirements
- Creepage & clearance
- High speed / skew
- Power integrity
- Resource / expertise
- Signal integrity
Solutions we create
- 3D model/height
- Design rule driven
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
Results we achieve
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Increased manufacturing yields
- Increased profit
- Reduced design iterations
- Reduced design time
- Reduced product failures
- Shorter time to market
Why choose us?
- Over 100 years of PCB Design experience.
- Trusted by high profile clients including McLaren, Red Bull, E2V and Bosch.
- Extensive software and expertise delivering thousands of PCB design projects.
- Impeccable processes ensure that your design is shipped on time and on budget.
- Bespoke customer service – speak directly to an engineer from the moment you contact us.
- Real-time collaboration available across multiple locations.
What Our Customers Say
- We have found the service Quantum CAD provides to be of a high level and we are particularly pleased with their engineers’ flexibility and availability …Quantum CAD has shown good commitment in helping us reach our scheduled targets by making enough manpower available to complete the task in the required time.Project Leader, Panasonic Communications Co. (UK) Ltd
- We have been working with Quantum CAD from the outset of the development of our product. They researched the manufacturing requirements for PoP technology and engaged with PCB and CEMs from the outset. From the first prototype build, we had a product that was ready for production. I would not hesitate in recommending Quantum CAD PCB Design services to anyone.Director Device Engineering
- We have used Quantum CAD for many years now and they have consistently provided us with an excellent PCB design service. They have always demonstrated a high level of skill, experience and flexibility, while constantly meeting the tight schedules we often require.Principle Engineer, E2V
- We have been working with Quantum CAD from the outset of the development of our product. They researched the manufacturing requirements for PoP technology and engaged with PCB and CEMs from the outset. From the first prototype build, we had a product that was ready for production. I would not hesitate in recommending Quantum CAD PCB Design services to anyone.
- Ultra Magicard have been using Quantum CAD for many years and we have been impressed with the high level of service provided. They have great knowledge in PCB design and various technologies which have helped us design our products to the highest standard. Quantum CAD always strives for continuous improvement. We invested and joined their web enabled product design platform, CXInsight. This has allowed us to work collaboratively, sharing design information, changes and project status, seamlessly over the web, ensuring access to the correct file revisions and visibility of the project at all times. This has improved the quality of design that we have developed together.Engineering Manager, Ultra Magicard
- Quantum CAD completed the project in a professional manner and interacted with both pcbportal and our clients effectively. Despite incomplete information, Quantum CAD delivered upgraded Gerber files to project completion date. Our customer was happy and we have pencilled in future projects for Quantum CAD to work on.Quality Manager, pcbportal.com
PCB Design – Power Control
Project: Our client’s goal was to develop a customised processor card. It required matched impedances technologies and small component packaging to meet form factor requirements. Find out more
PCB Design – Blood Glucose Manager
Project: Our client’s goal was to reduce the burden of managing diabetes on a day to day basis. The product features a pump, wirelessly connected to an app based touch screen handset. Find out more
PCB Design – High Speed Flexi
Project: Our client’s goal was to develop a flexi rigid that would cater for high speed and power signals while meeting all resistance, crosstalk and mechanical requirements. Find out more