Our client’s goal was to increase product yields within PCB assembly and leverage the design anywhere manufacture anywhere (DAMA) paradigm.
- Ensure all footprints were created to the required standard and rules and naming conventions.
- Integration of both companies to facilitate the footprint request process and data security.
- Traceability of all information.
- Creation of specification detailing IPC standard that each footprint should confirm to, outline widths for each layer used, attributes required for each footprint.
- IPC7351A compliant footprints for high density packaging and allow global manufacturing capability.
- Rigorous QA
- Utilisation of our e-Collaboration platform CX Insight to control footprint requests, exchange of data and full traceability.
- Increase in assembly yields regardless of manufacturer.
- High quality library providing consistent documentation.
- 3D verification of all designs.
What our customer said
“Quantum CAD have been providing a first class service for all our PCB footprints. Manufacturing yields has improved tenfold with a zero defect footprint rate. Due to our business area, security of data transfer was paramount to any outsourcing activity. The adoption of their e-Collaboration platform has been instrumental in the success of their service offering”.
— Development Manager