Multilayer PCB Design
If you’re looking for multilayer PCB design services delivered by PCB design engineers with years of experience, you’re in the right place.
- When designing a multilayer PCB many factors need to be considered. For example
- What type of components being used? i.e. BGAs
- What type of signals are on the design? i.e. USB, PCiE, DDR…
- What is the ratio of component area to board area?
Just these three factors will drive the type of multilayer PCB you will require:
- The layer stackup to control impedances and the required power signals.
- Via technology (std, blind/buried or even stacked vias)
- Whether both sides of the PCB will have components or even embedded components.
We’ve been designing multilayer printed circuit boards for many years, and as natural problem solvers, we will design a PCB that will not only solve your designs electrical requirements but will also be optimised for your manufacturing volumes.
And with our eReview online system, you can have better communication, transparency and input at every stage of your project.
Problems we solve
- 3D requirements
- Creepage & clearance
- High speed / skew
- Power integrity
- Resource / expertise
- Signal integrity
Solutions we create
- 3D model/height
- Design rule driven
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
Results we achieve
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Increased manufacturing yields
- Increased profit
- Reduced design iterations
- Reduced design time
- Reduced product failures
- Shorter time to market
Why choose us?
- Over 100 years of PCB Design experience.
- Trusted by high profile clients including McLaren, Red Bull, E2V and Bosch.
- Extensive software and expertise delivering thousands of PCB design projects.
- Impeccable processes ensure that your design is shipped on time and on budget.
- Bespoke customer service – speak directly to an engineer from the moment you contact us.
- Real-time collaboration available across multiple locations.
What Our Customers Say
- The Quantum CAD team provided SMARTA with valuable technological input in developing requirement and design specifications in partnership with ourselves. Their in-depth knowledge of the various technologies involved helped us to better understand how they could be used, leading to a more feature rich and advanced product. They have consistently delivered work to the highest quality standard. They have always demonstrated a professional and knowledgeable approach and have kept us updated on progress throughout the projects. I would have no hesitation in recommending their services to others.Managing Director, SMARTA Systems
- Quantum CAD have produced the majority of our Library parts over the past few years, generating high quality models to our specification. They have been instrumental in developing a process to manage the information exchange between both parties to make this service possible and we have been very pleased with the results, both in quality and delivery.Principle Engineer, E2V
- Quantum CAD designed the PCBs for our diabetes insulin patch pump and its wireless touchscreen user interface. This was the first time we’ve outsourced PCB design and Quantum CAD worked closely with us and our contract equipment manufacturer (CEM) to enable us to bring quickly to market the world’s smallest diabetes pump. Both PCBs are high density, in that they have high component counts on small form factor boards. Of particular note, the designs include 0.4mm pitch ball grid array (BGA) packaged devices and package-on-package (POP) technology. Quantum CAD’s engineers took these technologies in their stride, whilst maintaining great superb awareness. The result: the highest-yield, lowest-cost PCBs. Quantum CAD also took full responsibility of PCB (component) library development and ensured the correct revisions of files were available between all parties; using the web-based CXInsight PLM platform. Accordingly, design reviews were managed – and technical queries resolved – promptly and efficiently. We found Quantum CAD to be extremely enthusiastic, capable and knowledgeable, and they were perfect partner on such an important project.Project Leader, Cellnovo
- We have been working with Quantum CAD from the outset of the development of our product. They researched the manufacturing requirements for PoP technology and engaged with PCB and CEMs from the outset. From the first prototype build, we had a product that was ready for production. I would not hesitate in recommending Quantum CAD PCB Design services to anyone.
- It has always been necessary for Panasonic to have support of the highest quality and we recognise Quantum CAD as a reliable, diligent and professional company that have always been prepared to extend themselves around tight timescales.Principal PCB Designer C.I.D, Panasonic Mobile Communications
- Quantum CAD have a great knowledgebase for PCBs and design work in general, several times they have made technical suggestions which we incorporated into our designs. We have always found Quantum CAD to be very accommodating where quick turnaround was needed. In terms of quality and service I truly believe that Quantum CAD will not be beaten and that is why they are our number one supplier for outside company design work.Business Development, Zarlink Semiconductor
PCB Design – Power Control
Project: Our client’s goal was to develop a customised processor card. It required matched impedances technologies and small component packaging to meet form factor requirements.
PCB Design – Blood Glucose Manager
Project: Our client’s goal was to reduce the burden of managing diabetes on a day to day basis. The product features a pump, wirelessly connected to an app based touch screen handset.
PCB Design – High Speed Flexi
Project: Our client’s goal was to develop a flexi rigid that would cater for high speed and power signals while meeting all resistance, crosstalk and mechanical requirements.